It might surprise you to know that LinkedIn has been around longer than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat! It is even more relevant today, especially for graduates, professionals, executives managers, and most industries now…and it’s FREE.
Having a professionally written ‘set and forget’ LinkedIn profile is an important tool for today’s market for a number of reasons:
- Builds trust and credibility: Your professionally written LinkedIn profile will establish you as a credible and trustworthy applicant in your field.
- Stay in touch with your networks: You can remain connected with former colleagues, managers and networks, regardless of whether they change organisations, careers, or phone numbers.
- It tops your google search: When employers google your name (70% will likely do this!), your LinkedIn profile will often be at the top – happy days.
- Potential employers can find you: More and more employers, recruiters and head hunters are using LinkedIn as their preferred choice to find the right applicant for specific roles.
- It’s great for research: LinkedIn is a great place to find out more about your industry, peers and specific organisations you may wish to send an expression of interest application to.
- It’s a job board: And a big one! You can find and apply for jobs that may not be listed elsewhere, which can mean less competition.